Black Friday Shopping in St. Peterburg/ Tampa FL

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

With Thanksgiving literally just a few days away, that means that Black Friday is also coming! For those of us staying at Eckerd for the food filled holiday, we still have an opportunity to participate in Black Friday shopping.  While the question of “What are you Thankful for?” is an important question, the question “Where are you going for Black Friday shopping?” is a little more exciting.  A couple places that are sure to have some solid sales come to mind immediately in the St Pete area. 

Tyrone Mall is one of the first places that pop into my mind immediately. Tyrone is a decently sized mall, and has all of the favorite shops such as Victoria Secret, to CottonOn (which are coincidentally right across from each other in the mall). For a full list of all of the shops in Tyrone Mall, you can visit their website, which also includes all of the deals they have going on: http://www.simon.com/mall/tyrone-square-mall/stores

Another place that may be good to hit up this Black Friday in St Pete is downtown St.Petersburg. With all of the cute little boutiques and big chain stores, you’re sure to score some good deals.  After a crazy Black Friday morning you can even hit up Paciugo’s for some gelato and relax while assessing all of your awesome finds from the day.

For those Black Friday experts or just those shoppers feeling a little more adventurous, head out to Tampa and take on the crowd at International Plaza and Bay Street, aka Tampa International. This massive mall doesn’t open until eight in the morning, but you’ll probably want to get there quite a bit early for a parking spot or to get in line! 

Whatever your Black Friday decisions, I hope you get all the deals your little heart desires, and you’re able to come home with bags full of savings!! Happy Thanksgiving, and happy shopping!!

Makenzie is a freshman at Eckerd College in St Petersburg, Fl, where she majors in Marine Science and Communications.  Makenzie is a pretty big sports fan and a die-hard Buckeye since she grew up in the Heart of It All (AKA Ohio).  Makenzie enjoys long walks on the campus beach, late night adventures searching for Stumpy (the aligator on campus) and driving her friends crazy with stupid puns and corny pickup lines (that have never worked).