Associate Director of Campus Housing: Victoria Reeves

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Eckerd Graduate: Class of 2010

Major: Business Management

Minor: Theatre

Hometown: Saint Petersburg, Florida 

You may not have realized it, but you most likely have already interacted with Victoria Reeves because she is Eckerd College’s Associate Director of Campus Housing. Victoria was born and raised in St. Petersburg, Florida. She graduated from Pinellas County Center for the Arts at Gibbs High School with a Music Theater major. For the first 3 years after graduation, Victoria worked for Marriott as the Rooms Controller at the Vinoy in Downtown St. Petersburg. Last year, 2013-2014, Victoria came back to Eckerd to work as a Residence Coordinator. When Justin Long resigned in June of 2014 she was offered the position of Director of Housing. Victoria’s official title is Associate Director of Housing because she does not yet have her Master’s degree but intends to obtain one.

Victoria decided to return to Eckerd College for work because of the wonderful staff and faculty we have here, particularly the Residence Life and ResLife staff. During her time at Eckerd, Victoria was hired to be an RA her freshman year and continued to hold an RA position until she graduated. Victoria says that the ResLife staff played a huge role in her overall experience at Eckerd and she decided to return to Eckerd to fulfill this role for other students and give back to the community that helped her during her time as a student. While at Eckerd, Victoria was an RA, participated in choir, and performed in theater productions. She is currently the staff advisor for 2 clubs: Daughter of the King (DOK), a women’s bible study, and Fire by Night.

In her free time, Victoria still sings! She is not currently in any productions, but she continues to sing at Church. She enjoys running, line dancing, playing guitar, and backpacking. Victoria said that her favorite Eckerd memory was going on the Rainbow River Run Turtle research trip with Professor Meylan because she was completely out of her comfort zone and got to meet people she otherwise would have never met. Victoria’s advice to students is to not “stress about the future, but just keep moving forward.” She hopes that students will trust that what they’re learning is preparing them for tomorrow.

You will definitely see Victoria at Room Draw in the Spring!