Be Kind To Yourself By Whipping Up A Mars Bar Cheesecake!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

This week we’re all about being kind to yourself – and what better way to do that than this decadent mars bar cheesecake?! Its gorgeous and gooey, and melt-in-your-mouth delicious, with layers of chocolate and caramel, adapting everyone’s favourite chocolate bar into an impressive cheesecake. So treat yo’ self (and your friends) by making it and becoming the new favourite housemate, but grab some quick, it’ll go fast!

Ingredients:

• 250g plain chocolate biscuits
  • 70g butter, melted
  • 300ml double cream (1 tub)
  • 50g milk chocolate
  • 1 tin carnation caramel
  • 1 sachet of gelatine
  • 120ml of water, boiled
  • 2 (250g) packets of cream cheese
  • 110g caster sugar
  • 4 Mars Bars (2 chopped finely, 2 for decoration)

Method:

1: Stick the biscuits in a sandwich bag and bash them until crumbled fairly finely. Add the butter and give it a mix until just combined.

2: Press biscuit mixture evenly over base and side of cake tin – I used a 20cm one and it’s better if its spring-form so you can get it out! Refrigerate this whilst you make the filling

3: To make the chocolate sauce, combine chocolate and 2 tablespoons of the double cream and melt in 10 second bursts in a microwave until melted and smooth.

4: Prep the gelatine – sprinkle a sachet of it over the water in small heatproof jug and stir until it has dissolved.

5: Beat the cream cheese and caster sugar in a medium bowl until smooth, add in a heaped teaspoon of the caramel and mix that in too.

6: In a separate bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form.

7: Stir gelatine mixture into cream cheese mixture with chopped Mars Bars and fold in you whipped cream too.

8: Start layering! Pour a third of the cream cheese mixture onto the biscuit base. Drizzle some of the caramel and chocolate sauces over cream cheese mixture (heat up the caramel for a few seconds in the microwave if it’s too set to drizzle).

9: Add another third of your mix, more drizzling, then the final third of your mix. Decorate with loads more drizzle and mars bar bits.

10: You’ll have to refrigerate for about 3 hours (or even better overnight), until set.

20 year old from London currently on her Year Abroad in Paris. Follow me on Instagram for photos of Paris and other interesting things. https://instagram.com/charliecronin/