This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

We went to catch up with Durham’s leading Women in Business Society for Afternoon Tea. They are announcing their new exec soon so we wanted to learn a little more about this ever-expanding society. 

DUWIB held the event at Whisky River where they were hosting Afternoon Tea for members, especially for the current Exec to get to know next year’s applicants better.

With pots of tea and cupcakes from BeTempted! it was a relaxing revision break with a group of Durham’s most glamorous and ‘go-get-‘em’ girls.

DUWIB is a platform bringing aspiring individuals together. It continues to grow and currently boasts over 1,500 members! It is a springboard for students to meet and discuss ideas, learn about the trials and tribulations of applications, interviews, internships, grad schemes… you get where I’m going with this.

The girls I spoke to all have varying degrees, interests and ideas for the future, and even for the future of society next year. This is a society for Durham’s women to meet and get excited about future career plans without any stigma attached, in an environment for enterprising students to think more seriously about business. 

Key sponsors are in law and finance, but also the likes of consumer good brands like Nestlé, with another company asking us to be sponsors for next year already. The society wants to encourage people interested in all business areas, including those wanting to set up their own businesses.

Want to get in touch with DUWIB?

Email women.inbusiness@durham.ac.uk and you can ask to be added to mailing list or talk to the Presidents, or like their Facebook Page and website to keep up to date with news and Events and of course the new Exec: https://www.facebook.com/DUWIB & http://www.duwib.org.uk/ .

Clare is a 2nd Year at St. Chad's College, Durham University, reading Theology. Home is split between a pad in London and house in Somerset where she went to school. She is actively involved in College sport especially rugby and rowing, and is on the Exec of the DUWIB (Durham University Women in Business) Society to promote women going into internships, grad schemes and finding paths into business for life after Uni. She is keen on marketing and business development and hopefully starting her own company in the years to come. She loves to travel and is lucky to have the opportunity to go across the world in her work with her family business. Favourites are drinks with the girls, running (Paris Marathon in April 2014), time with the family, weekends in London and dog walks in the country, and of course bar crawls in fancy dress around Durham.
Hey! I am a second year student at Durham University studying Sociology and Anthropology. I love writing and spending time with people and so cannot wait to start a HerCampus Chapter at Durham.