Top Five Places at Duke That You’ve (probably) Never Heard of, But Should Totally Check Out: Part II

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

2.     Sanford (Deli Open: 7:30am – 5:30pm M-Th, 7:30am – 3pm F, Closed Sat/Sun)
If you have a Public Policy class, chances are you have already ventured into the Sanford building. Situated across the street from the Law School, and a hop, skip, and jump from Gross Chem, Sanford is an architectural wonder. If you have some free time and are looking for a place to study that isn’t crammed full of students (hello, Perkins), you should definitely give Sanford a chance. The staircases open into small nooks halfway up each flight, allowing you and a few friends to comfortably sit on couches and work (or nap) to your heart’s content. Add to that the Sanford Deli, which offers delectable scones that are literally as large as your face, among other café items, and suddenly Sanford is the most appealing study spot on campus. Just make sure to snag a chocolate chip scone before they’re all gone (which, trust me, is sooner than you’d think)!

Victoria Scott is a junior and English major at Duke University. On campus, she is an Editor and Photo-blogger for Her Campus, Managing Editor for The Chanticleer (the university yearbook), photographer and Copy Editor for DMIX Magazine, and a Resident Assistant. In her spare time, she enjoys baking cupcakes and playing tennis.
Sabrina is a Junior at Duke University, and is double majoring in English and Public Policy. A born and bred South African, Sabrina has traveled to the USA to pursue her higher education. As well as being a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, Sabrina is also Assistant Vice President for Recruitment for the Panhellenic Association at Duke. Sabrina has written for Duke's daily newspaper, The Chronicle and Duke's fashion magazine, FORM. After graduating, she hopes to attend law school preferably in her favourite city, New York. In her spare time, Sabrina vegges out to various fashion blogs, mindless TV (Pretty Little Liars anyone?) and online shopping (which borders on an addiction). If you manage to catch her in an energetic mood, she's probably on her way to cardiodance (or to the nearest mall).