Three Tips to Get You out of the Cold Weather Slump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

If you’re like me and this weather is not exactly what you thought it would be this time of year, it may take some convincing to get you out of your bed (I know that this is true for me, at least).  I don’t remember the last time that I looked at my weather app and “freezing rain” was not displayed in front of little drops of computerized rain.  Needless to say, it’s cold out and not the type of weather that anyone wants to do anything in, except for sleep.  Here are three tips to get you out of the cold weather slump.

1.  Hot drinks

When you’re walking around west, grab hot chocolate or a hot cup of coffee from Perkins or the Bryan Center.  It will keep you warm and energized to continue the trudge to your next class.

2.  Go out to dinner

Nothing makes me want to get out of my dorm faster than the promise of good food.  This will get all of your friends together to brave the cold and walk or drive to whatever delicious destination you have in mind.

3.  The promise of a hot shower

Trust me, this will make you go to the gym.  If you think about amazing you’ll feel in a hot shower after you just came back from a hard hour at the gym, it will definitely make you inclined to go.