On this thanksgiving, we are grateful that registration is finally over!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Registration might be one of the most stressful and time-consuming processes of our lives.

First off, we are all forced to wake up at 7 a.m, which is basically the middle of the night for college students. After waking up and having our computers ready to press enroll at exactly 7:00:00, we still are shut out of our desired classes and are forced to scramble to find the next best options. It seems that Duke should really have more sections of certain classes or should just make some bigger (I’m looking at you every pubpol seminar).

Secondly, registration takes up so much time in our lives. Now, this is not really a complaint because we all love procrastinating on ACES- it makes us feel like we are being productive and doing work when really we are just having fun. We procrastinate for hours on end before our window opens, searching for all the coolest and most interesting classes, only to watch them fill up as the upperclassmen register first. We rearrange our schedules. Then, we hear about an exciting class from a friend. We rearrange our schedules. In the end, we can end up scraping all of our hard work as everything is filled by the time it’s our turn. We rearrange our schedules yet again. And now, we continue to rearrange, even after, searching for openings and hoping someone drops out. 

But in the end, we all end up with good(ish) classes, and before we know it, registration for fall 2016 will be right around the corner.

Duke Contributors!