Rejuvenafety: The Importance of Rejuvenation and Safety

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

The September School Survival Kit provided by Her Campus offers a wide range of products devoted to the rejuvenation and safety of females worldwide. Included products held a focus on maintaining one’s glow and wellbeing through a variety of helpful products.

One item Her Campus included to ensure individual hydration was the Forge Diving Mug by Camelbak. The mug features an easily accessible drinking valve and a seal to prevent leaks or spills. This inclusion helps to ensure your water bottle can confidently be carried around on a busy day without leakage. Not only is the seal and valve helpful, but the mug is also insulated to keep drink hot or cold. Camelbak describes the mission behind the mug and other products as an understanding that, “At CamelBak, we #GotYourBak! Our Got Your Bak™ guarantee isn’t just a group of words. To us, it’s a culture. It’s who we are. That’s why we put our products through the most rigorous testing in the industry. CamelBak has built its reputation by engineering products that exceed consumer expectations for quality and durability.” With the Forge Diving Mug you can be assured to nourished skin and careless sipping!

Alongside the theme of well-being, Her Campus included products associated to further skin care. Freeman Beauty provided a host of face masks to keep skin feeling fresh and rejuvenated. The provided masks included: Avocado/Oatmeal Clay Mask, Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Peel Off Mask, Feeling Beautiful Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask, and the Feeling Beautiful Apple Cider Vinegar 4-in-1 Foaming Clay. Each face mask promises nourishment in variations of nourishing vitamins and oils. Feeling Beautiful™ is known for “mixing feel-good fun with fresh botanicals to make products that feel good, smell good, and do good for skin!” The masks can be purchased at Ulta or Ulta.com and are $1.99 (0.5 fl. oz)/$4.29 (6 fl. oz).

It seems as though Her Campus wanted us to get through these first few months of college with products made to pamper. Samples of the Juicy Couture “I Love Juicy” perfume were also distributed in the school survival kit. The perfume is especially unique due to its hints of sparkling mandarin, jasmine and addictive patchouli. It’s safe to say Juicy Couture nailed this perfume.

Although rejuvenation is important, safety is more pertinent. Her Campus definitely was able to include a safety aspect into their survival kit as well. A Wearsafe Adventure Box was placed in the kit. Wearsafe is a safety button that connects you with friends and family to share your location in a time of danger. In connection with location, the Wearsafe device also keeps a line open to hear surrounding audio for the person in danger. If Wearsafe peaks your interest, consider winning a free device! One lucky winner and a friend will receive an all-expenses paid adventure of a lifetime. You pick the trip, we’ll pick up the tab! Enter to win at wearsafe.com/adventure.

Her Campus created a wonderful school survival kit to ensure women on all campuses continue to nourish their needs, stay rejuvenated, and stay safe against dangerous situations. A few other wonderful ítems in the kit included: koozies from Fying Color Apparel, stockings from L’eggs, bras from Maidenform, Monistat itch relief cream, a Divacup, and makeup from Rimmel London. With these products, there is no way women will not survive this month!

I am a senior at Duke University studying psychology and history, and I have been writing with Her Campus since I was a freshman. Having this incredible community of empowering women to build me up when I need support and to give me an outlet when I need to vent has been one of the greatest aspects of my Duke career! I am so sad to leave them soon, but I am excited to pursue my J.D. at Georgetown in the fall!