The Lowdown on Local Durham Restaurants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

In honor of Triangle Restaurant week, I thought I’d give a few of my own reviews and opinions of nearby restaurants. Although I have only had the chance to explore a few places in my short Duke career, I’ve definitely found some gems for all of your foodie cravings…

Brunch pick: Foster’s

I feel like this one is self-explanatory. All Dukies love Foster’s and its amazing weekend brunch menu. 

Lunch spot: Parker and Otis

Parker and Otis’ amazing sandwiches never disappoint, and the adorable store with tons of fun gifts and sweets makes for an exciting post-lunch activity with friends. 

Non-chipotle Mexican: Nanataco

A little farther than most other choices, Nanataco is worth the drive. Simple, traditional tacos or burritos with your choice of meat put Chipotle to shame. 

Pizza: Pompieri

Coming from New York, my pizza standards are high. Lilly’s, Enzo’s, and all the rest just don’t satisfy, but Pompieri’s thin crust, personalized options, and variety allow for exciting and yummy pizzas each visit. 

Modern Italian: Lucia

BRUSSEL SPROUTS. TRY THEM. 

If you’re feeling fancy: Vin Rouge

If you need to impress your parents or if you’re in the mood to feel classy for a night, Vin Rouge’s French steakhouse makes you forget that you are a college student living off of dining hall food. 

Some other classic favorites of Dukies include Sushi Love, Local 22, Juju, and Parizade…the list is endless. If only all of these places accepted food points.

Duke Contributors!