Lessons Lord Disick Taught Me

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Some know him as Kourtney Kardashian’s boyfriend, some know him as Lord Disick, and some claim that they don’t watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians at all (but we know that’s not true). In any case, we can all agree that Scott Disick, father of Kourtney’s two kids and a main character on their show, adds much needed perspective to the absurd lives of the Kardashians. Through his fabulously fashionable outfits (no one can rock a pink suit jacket like him) and his super self-confidence, he has managed to make a name for himself amongst some of the most famous women on reality TV. While he is certainly ridiculous at times and isn’t exactly the stereotypical role model, his memorable quotes nonetheless have taught me some lessons about life.

1. Sarcasm is a great tool that should be utilized whenever possible.

2.     Make sure you will be able to get your money out of a product before you buy it.

3. Base your travel itinerary on the places with the best food.

4. Everyone experiences FOMO (even people with 4.7 million Twitter followers).

5. You can create your own nickname. It just might take a while for it to catch.

6.  Always jump at a chance to make some extra money (unless its illegal).

7.  Know your personal style.

8. Make friends wherever you go.

9. And most importantly, know who you are and own it.

While Scott isn’t exactly making a huge difference in the world and doesn’t appear to have any sort of real job, his attitude and personality make him someone worth watching. Who else would purchase a royal title over the Internet and refer to himself as Lord Disick? That kind of confidence is rarely seen. Maybe instead of channeling our inner Kardashian, we should be channeling our inner Scott Disick