Humans of Duke: Aurelio Falconi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Name: Aurelio Falconi

Major: Neuroscience

Year: 2018

Hometown: Albuquerque, NM

1. How does this year’s dining options compare to years past for you?

Okay, so I’m SUCH a foodie and love all the options we have now. West Union was a complete blessing, and you can always find me there eating pasta, cannoli, or sushi.

2. What are you looking forward to about the spring semester?

I love being in band and traveling with the Men’s and Women’s basketball team to different cities! I’m looking forward to being able to do that again this year (that is if we pick things up, of course).

3. What’s your favorite holiday?

Christmas! I love the potluck my family hosts during that day (thank the stars for Latinx food, amirite), and I love visiting my parents and younger brother.

4. Who has been your greatest role model at Duke?

One of my best friends, Kira Panzer, absolutely rocks my socks. She was one of the first people I met at Duke, and she is the sweetest soul on campus. She kills her studies, dances all the ding dang time, challenges problematic behavior on campus, and looks hella good doing it all.

5. What’s been your best Duke memory?

Wow, I have had a LOT. But if I had to narrow it down to two memories, the first would probably be LDOC last year with Matoma and Saint Motel! And the second would have to be chilling with my main ladies, Christine and Rachel, on their comfy beanbag watching Holy Musical B@man! Truly a must-see.

6. Thoughts on tenting?

I definitely respect my fellow Cameron Crazies who commit to spending cold, long nights in a tent for weeks at a time. As someone in the band, I never really had to worry about not being able to get into the UNC game. But y’all still crazy. I’ll respect your efforts from my warm and cozy room.

7. What do you want to be when you grow up?

A hot doctor daddy who studies and treats neurodegenerative diseases while also composing music on the side. Too much?

8. What are your thoughts on dating in college/at Duke in particular?

I was one of those “I’ll never date in college” people. But the universe proved me wrong and now I have a pretty sweet boyfriend, so I would definitely recommend dating if the time (and person) is right.

9. What was the best part about winter break?

My best friend from back home introduced me to some orgasmic poke. No words can describe how much I love that poke place. None. Umph.

10. If you could say one thing to Trump, what would it be?

I’m the bright red scare with the long blonde hair, always keep ‘em coming back from more. You a basic ass hoe, and it’s your time to go, so b*tch, let me show you the door. In song form, too.

I am a senior at Duke University studying psychology and history, and I have been writing with Her Campus since I was a freshman. Having this incredible community of empowering women to build me up when I need support and to give me an outlet when I need to vent has been one of the greatest aspects of my Duke career! I am so sad to leave them soon, but I am excited to pursue my J.D. at Georgetown in the fall!