Four Reasons Why You Should Watch Friday Night Lights

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

It’s almost finals here again at Duke. And I think we all know what that means—Netflix! If you’re looking for a new TV show to take up your procrastination time on Netflix, I could not recommend Friday Night Lights more.  A friend of mine recommended it to me when I had just finished all of the seasons of The Office (impressive, I know), and I could not be more addicted.  Here are some reasons that you should start watching:

1.     The acting

It’s so rare to find a show with convincing acting now a day. The men are attractive, and the women are strong, and they’re all just the right amount of imperfect. When you see these characters interact, it’s hard not to be drawn in by their outstanding chemistry, making you quickly completely invested in their lives. 

2.     The drama

I’m not much of a football fan, but the plot of this show is so much more than that—it’s all about football, but it’s not all about football.  It has every aspect of a convincing and mesmerizing show.

3.  Mr. and Mrs. Taylor

You’ll see when you watch the show; they’re just the cutest couple ever. It gives you hope

Life in this fictional Texan small town isn’t perfect—people make mistakes, games are lost (I mean it’s high school after all).  The characters learn and grow and it shows that life can change for the better. 

This show has gotten me through some pretty rough weeks here at school, and I hope you watch it and enjoy it as much as I do!  As the iconic Coach Taylor quotation goes, “Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.”