you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Five Steps to the Perfect Summer!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

It has been a long time coming, but by the grace of God we have made it to that most blessed time of the year: summer break! For some, this means much needed relaxation, chilling by the pool, curling up with a good book, and hanging with the fam. For others, this means the real business begins: internships, summer programs, online classes, Duke Engage, research, the works! Either way, with these five easy steps, you can be right on your way to having the perfect summer you always imagined!

1. Don’t sweat it

Whether you’re rocking business casual in North Carolina humidity, or hitting the clubs near your Bahamas resort, the last thing you want to be worrying about is sweat stains. Don’t forget to pack your travel sized Secret Invisible deodorant, the perfect way to avoid getting gross white marks all over your new blazer, and smell fresh as a daisy!

2. Keep it clean

With your schedule, busy or not, you won’t have time to worry about the little things. So think ahead, and pack the fundamentals! With Steripods, your toothbrush will stay protected from the grime around you, and with Summer’s Eve travel sized Cleansing Cloths, you don’t have to sacrifice space for luxury!

3. Find your makeup essentials

When you’re touring Europe, you don’t want to be lugging around your full makeup suitcase. Downsize without giving up the important things! Pass your usual brow kit for a more efficient Essence Cosmetics Eyebrow Designer. The brush combined with the quality wax pencil will hold your brow shape in place, allowing you to save space!

4. Don’t forget to pack the literature

Nothing is worse than being stranded at an extended layover with limited wifi and nothing else to do. Think ahead, and bring along a summer read! Jardine Libaire’s White Fur is the perfect pick, giving you the beautiful blend of star-crossed lovers in a 1980s New York backdrop that is sure to make you forget your woes!

5. Stay up to date

You don’t want to miss out on important happenings in the female realm, so be sure to check in to HerCampus.com for all the latest! Happy summer (:

I am a senior at Duke University studying psychology and history, and I have been writing with Her Campus since I was a freshman. Having this incredible community of empowering women to build me up when I need support and to give me an outlet when I need to vent has been one of the greatest aspects of my Duke career! I am so sad to leave them soon, but I am excited to pursue my J.D. at Georgetown in the fall!