Campus Cutie: Kuranda Kasatka

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Name: Kuranda KasatkaYear: 2018Hometown: Deslouge, MOMajor: Public Policy 

1. What do you love about Duke?I love how people are freaky smart and also down to party. It’s such a well-rounded place. Everybody’s amazing at what they do, and they’re fun as hell. 

2. What’s your craziest (appropriate) Duke moment?I snuck into the Duke-Syracuse basketball game. It wasn’t really sneaking in, but I blindly walked through the walk-up line and nobody was there to stop me.

3. If you were an animal, what animal would you be?I would be an orca. They’re the alpha predator. They’re like…matriarch-y. They’re so intelligent. Made to be me.

4. What would be a good fourth question?Uhh… What is something that happened to you in your Duke career that you never imagined would happen? That’s a great question!

5. Well, what is something that happened to you in your Duke career that you never imagined would happen?I ended up topless in a Bryan Center art exhibit. As in, I was the model in the exhibit. 

6. What is your least favorite color?Carolina blue. It’s a boy blue. It’s a boy. 

7. How about your favorite color?My favorite color is yellow. I love yellow. 

Priyanka is currently a student at Duke University. She was born in Berkeley, California, but grew up in Durham, North Carolina. When she's not taking pictures, she's usually designing flyers or coding. Follow her on Twitter, Instagram, and Vine.