Campus Cutie: Jasmin Palomares

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Name: Jasmin Palomares

Hometown: San Antonio, Texas

Year: 2017

Major: Public Policy

Minor: Computer Science 

1.What do you love about Duke?

I love basketball season! The school sprit goes to a whole other level during basketball season.

2. What is your craziest (appropriate) Duke moment?

Let see, the craziest time was when we won the NCAA Basketball championship in 2015 and West Campus shut down so we could burn a bench. It was pretty awesome.

3. If you could only choose one food to eat for the rest of your life, what would you pick?

I would probably choose tomato soup. I used to hate tomatoes, but for some reason I like them in soup.

4. What’s your favorite color?

Duke blue!

5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?

I would love to travel to Australia! It looks like an amazing place to relax and have a good time.

6. Where is your favorite place to eat on campus?

I would have to say West Union, of course. We just got it but I love their sushi bar.

7. Shooters or Devine’s?

Shooters!

8. Do you have a nickname? If so, what is it?

Some people like to call me JP.

9. What are you looking most forward to about senior year?

Basketball season! I am so excited for basketball season because we have a great team this year!

10. If you could give freshman (Class of 2020) one piece of advice about Duke, what would it be?

Don’t over think things, everything will end up working out. Just try to enjoy your time in college as much as possible- you’re only here for 4 years and it goes by so quickly… trust me!