Announcing the Beacon & Brewster College Rep Program!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Eileen Sherman, owner and founder of Beacon & Brewster, created the b & b clothing line in 2012. It’s a clothing company that prides itself on its American roots as well as its goal to provide a way to “shop for a cause.” For every purchase, beacon & brewster donates 25% of the profits to a worthy cause—based on the color of the purchased shirt. For instance, pink shirts represent the cause of breast cancer awareness, while lime green is for Lymphoma and lilac supports research for Alzheimer’s Disease. In addition to the value of supporting charities across the nation, Sherman prioritized limiting every aspect of the company to the United States. “I began to realize the importance of keeping all design, material sourcing and manufacturing of the clothes here in the USA—a company whose foundation is built on giving back to worthy causes should also give back to their local economy.  Producing classic American items with American manufacturers become almost as important to me as the charity element that sparked my idea for beacon & brewster.”

If any Duke collegiates are interested in contributing to this company that thrives on “fashion with compassion,” now is your opportunity to get involved! Beacon & Brewster is looking for college representatives to help promote the company.

• Students interested in applying to become a campus representative should email Eileen@beaconbrewster.com for a quick application to fill out followed by a 15 minute phone interview at an agreed upon time.

The benefits of this position:

• Representatives will receive 35% commission from all sales (post charity donation) that they are responsible for.
  • Reps will receive a welcome package with 2 free polo shirts and 2 free t-shirts, along with a subsequent 50% discount on anything they would like to purchase themselves
  • Successful Reps will be considered first for any available positions at b&b

The responsibilities of a campus rep:

• Reps must meet requirement of hosting at least 1 trunk show per semester
    • Reps can choose the charity they want the proceeds from the trunk shows to go to
    • Reps will get $50-100 allowance for trunk show supplies, depending on number of attendees (food, drinks, etc)
    • Reps can offer up to 25% discount at shows to increase sales, but commission will also be reduced
  • Reps must have good social media following (b&b will give program incentives to reps for hitting certain levels of likes and follows on our social media pages per school)
  • Reps will get a monthly allotment of marketing materials (business cards, postcards, etc) as well as b&b promotional swag (koozies, etc) to pass out
  • Reps will get school specific coupon codes for website sales to track non trunk show sales (codes can be included on their marketing materials)- they will get paid their commissions monthly
  • Reps will participate in a monthly conference call to share ideas and updates with other representatives
Duke 2015 - Central Jersey - Economics (Finance Concentration) & English double major