What You Need to Know Before You See “Me Before You”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

****SPOILER ALERT**** 

Get ready to bawl your eyes out.

Prepare to ride the roller coaster of emotions while watching Me Before You. The New York Times Bestseller written by Jojo Moyes emcompasses everything a romance novel should be, and more. The main female character, Louisa Clark, played by Emilia Clarke (calling all Game of Thrones Fan Girls) loses her job and becomes a caregiver for Will Traynor, played by the ever handsome Sam Claflin, who is paralyzed. Through caring for Will, Louisa and Will grow together and open their minds to what life and love has to offer. The heartbreaking reality of Will’s condition makes their relationship beautiful and also unrealistic. With the determined goal to prove to Will life is worth living, Louisa does everything she can. I hope this teaser gives you all enough reason to read the book before the movie premieres June 3. If not, the trailer might help my case. 

Olivia Sheehan is student at the University of Denver, studying Strategic Communication and Psychology. Some of her passions include skiing, traveling, cute animals, and spending time with friends. She is a campus correspondent of Her Campus DU, and is excited about the future of Her Campus here at the University of Denver.