HCDU Student Alliance Highlight x South Asian Student Association

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

1. What is the purpose/mission of your organization?

The purpose of our organization is to provide a safe space for the South Asian community on campus to connect and bond while educating others on South Asian culture and history. Everyone is welcome to our meetings!

2. What goals/values does your student alliance have? Are there certain messages that you would like to promote on campus related to the alliance identity?

We want to educate people on South Asian culture as well as increasing our outreach on campus. We believe in unity and empowerment. And we want others to know that we’re there for them.

SASA cover photo

3. What is the best part of being a part of your student alliance? 

“The best part of being a part of our student alliance is being able to bond with others and being a part of something bigger than yourself.” -Zara Khan

4. When does your student alliance typically meet?

We typically meet Thursday nights in Sturm.

5. What big events does your student alliance host throughout the school year?

Last quarter we hosted a Henna Night as well as a Diwali Dinner. And this quarter we plan on hosting a Chai social as well as a Bollywood dance night. However, our biggest event of the year is putting together Holi (color festival) in the spring.

Holi 2019

6. For those interested in joining your student alliance, what should they do?

They should follow our Instagram page @sasauofdenver or email us at sasadenver14@gmail.com.

*Bonus questions*

1. What food would your student alliance be? Samosas!
  2. Theme song of your student alliance group? There are too many Bollywood songs to choose from!
  3. Describe your organization in 3 words! United. Family. Fun.
SASA e-board