Style > Beauty

Meet “With A City Dream” Beauty Blogger Emma Walker

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

This post was made in partnership with European Wax Center®

For University of Denver Sophomore Emma Walker, blogging is more than just a side hobby: it’s an outlet where she can share her passions and truly be herself. And With A City Dream she does exactly that, showcasing her favorite fashion and beauty trends, travels, and décor how-tos. Now, she’s teaming up with Her Campus, European Wax Center®, and POPSUGAR to battle it out in the #StrutYourStrut blogger contest.

Armed with EWC’s latest beauty products and services, Emma is sharing her best beauty tips for a chance to meet POPSUGAR’s beauty editorial team out in Los Angeles—and she needs your vote. We sat down with the beauty maven to get the lowdown on the contest, great brows, and more. Read on:

Her Campus University of Denver: There’s no doubt about it: brows are in. What does #browfection mean to you?
Emma Walker:  Browfection to me is keeping your brows well-groomed so that filling them in is an easy task that doesn’t take much work! I love going to European Wax Center because they make sure my brows are always well kept. Most days I skip filling them in all together and just use a setting gel to keep them in place!

HC DU: If you had to debunk any beauty myth, what would it be and why?
EW: That thin eyebrows are cool. When I was little I begged my mom to let me wax off my brows into a really high arch that looked like it was drawn on with a pen it is so thin. Thankfully she said no – let your brows grow out. Over waxing can be worse than not waxing at all.

HC DU: You love exploring Colorado and, since this contest is all about bold adventures, we have to know: What are a few of your favorite spots across The Centennial State?
EW: My favorite spots around campus are Stella’s coffee shop to study and Paige Boutique to shop! My favorite place to satisfy my major sweet tooth is Boulder Baked up in Boulder they make fresh cookies that are better than anything I have ever tasted! Right now my favorite spot in Downtown Denver is the Denver Art Museum they are always keeping the galleries fresh with fun exhibits plus they have a college student discount!

HC DU: You started With A City Dream as a place to be yourself and share your passions. We know you love fall-fashion and the beauty secrets that go with it! What role does fashion and beauty play in achieving that mission?
EW: My goal with With A City Dream is to create a place where people can go to to hang out after a long day and just unwind. I love that they can find not only fashion inspiration from my outfits and shopping lists but also beauty tips here and there. I love when I share a post with a tip and people comment sharing their own tips/tricks. It makes it such a fun community.

HC DU: Describe what gives you the confidence to strut your strut on campus.
EW: To me confidence comes from wearing whatever you feel best in. One lesson I have learned through blogging is that just because it is a trend doesn’t mean you have to love it. Bold brows are a trend that make me feel confident whether I am rocking it with joggers or skinny jeans it doesn’t matter!

Vote for Emma now through November 4, 2016 to send her on the ultimate bold fall adventure courtesy of European Wax Center® and POPSUGAR.

Amanda received her Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of New Hampshire in May of 2016. During her time at the University of New Hampshire, Amanda was a member of UNH's Her Campus team serving as a Contributing Writer, Co-Social Media Manager and Co-Campus Corespondent. In addition, she was also a Chapter Advisor for five HC Chapters. It was through her internships with WGBH&PBS, SheSpeaks, Inc. and the UNH Social Media Department that Amanda realized she wanted to pursue a career in Digital Marketing and Social Media with a focus in the publishing and media industry. In her free time, Amanda likes anything involving food, hanging out by any body of water, and spending time with her amazing friends and family. Follow her on Instagram @barba_amanda