(Fall)ing in Love with Fashion All Over Again

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Fall Fashion Review

1. Jean Jean Everything

Echoing the classy days of Hollywood cowboys with a Madonna mentality, denim seems to be everywhere you look this fall. Jean jackets made a strong comeback last year, and they are establishing a lasting presence this year. Ever asked yourself, “Is this too much denim?” Put those hesitations to rest. Fashion icons Tom Ford and Calvin Klein made a grand display of denim on denim in their lines at this year’s New York Fashion Week. Jeans are no longer just a supporting role in an outfit, they are making their presence known as the leading character in this fall’s fashion series.

Source

2. Fur Real

Speaking of classic Hollywood style, fur jackets have made a grand return to the center stage. If you saw the most recent Keeping Up with the Kardashians episode (guilty), fur could be seen hanging off every one of the Armenian fashion novas. Hold the red paint; these jackets can be just as fabulous without using real animal fur. Whether you’re going out for a night on the town, or lounging around your favorite coffee shop, a fur jacket is a perfect combination of luxury and comfort.

Source

3. Plaid Party

Plaid has been a staple in fall fashion longer than Pinterest has been gracing our lives with outfit inspiration. This fall plaid was seen all over the runways with an emphasis on neutral tones. We all know that neutral translates into “goes with anything,” and it couldn’t be truer with neutral plaid. Pair a plaid scarf with a solid jacket or a plaid sweater with jeans, and you are good to go.

Source

4. Glitz and Glam

Let’s be honest, sparkles never really go out of style. Combine your favorite piece of glitter goodness with some casual jeans or a jacket. A bit of shimmer can go a long way in spicing up an outfit. Sparkles are also the perfect way to take a day wear and make it night-scene ready.

Source

5. Oversized is the Perfect Size

Sacrificing comfort for fashion is a thing of the past. With temperatures cooling, sweater weather is just around the corner. This fall’s forecast says: the bigger the sweater the bolder the fashion statement. While you’re at it, pair a big blanket scarf with your larger than life sweater; it will dress it up a bit while keeping you warm and cozy.

Source ​

Born and Raised in Colorado, Annie is currently pursuing a degree in Journalism from the University of Denver. She enjoys writing and reading in coffee houses, binge watching Food Network, traveling and learning to love the imperfections.