Wellness > Sex + Relationships

We Just Made Getting Birth Control THAT Much Easier

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Us college women know how annoying it is to get a simple necessity – birth control. Whether you are getting it delivered to the CVS on your campus or have to go pick it up from the pharmacy at home, it’s just a time-consuming process to retrieve a tiny pack of pills. However, there is a new birth control delivery service called The Pill Club that makes this task much easier for women on-the-go.

Image courtesy of The Pill Club

The Pill Club, located in Redwood City, California, prides itself on its values – empowerment, simplicity and personalized care. They believe that women should have easy, affordable access to the best medical resources possible, that receiving medical care should be a quick, hassle-free process, and that patients are always the number one priority. Their mission on their website states, “We are a team of medical professionals, women’s health advocates, and software engineers. We are on a mission to simplify the process of getting birth control, from prescription to delivery.” To combat the problem of not being able to access birth control, The Pill Club has an in-house pharmacy that provides more affordable access to their patients.

Image courtesy of Timmerie

Here’s how it works. If you choose to use The Pill Club, you can switch your prescription from your old pharmacy to The Pill Club’s pharmacy. They accept most insurance providers and they do not charge for service or shipping. This delivery service doesn’t just ship out pills, but they also provide the patch and the ring too, for those who use them, as well as emergency contraception. Most of the time, The Pill Club tries to bill your insurance for a three-month supply, but other times some insurance companies only allow a one-month refill at a time, so the months’ supply will vary. Another cool feature is that with your monthly prescription, you will also get samples, such as condoms, lube and moisturizer. If you are even more curious about how they work, read their FAQ!

The fact that The Pill Club prioritizes customer service, especially in an industry where bad customer service can make or break a person’s experience, is amazing. On their FAQ page, they have stated, “We’re available by SMS, phone, and email Mon-Fri, 9 am – 5 pm (PST)”. They also have rave reviews from many patients, who even say that they feel very comfortable texting The Pill Club to receive information on just about anything.

Image courtesy of Forbes

This service is extremely beneficial to young college women because we are constantly running to class or work and don’t really have to time to be waiting in line at a pharmacy where the service might be mediocre at best. The Pill Club takes care of all that for you. They know exactly what your prescription is and deliver it right to your door on time. The cute samples they pack with your birth control also mean that they care about your health and overall well-being. The women who run The Pill Club are medical professionals, but they are not scary at all – they look out for you in the way that an older sister does and make it easy to communicate with them.

The next time you are rushing to CVS with five minutes to spare before class starts to pick up your prescription, keep in mind The Pill Club, who will make your life ten times easier with their exceptional service and easy delivery!

Rachel is a senior at Drexel University majoring in Design & Merchandising. She dreams of traveling the world and loves to learn about new cultures and languages. She also aspires to be the editor-in-chief of her own fashion magazine one day. You can find her binge watching Vanderpump Rules, eating way too much mac & cheese, dancing to her favorite songs and exploring when she goes city-hopping!