books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

I have had the same backpack since I was 12 years old. I have bought many different bags since then, but I always end up using my trusty old backpack that has been with me through the most grueling years of school. For me, my backpack is sacred – it not only carries school essentials, but personal items as well. Here is what you will find deep in my backpack, as well as any other college student’s bag!

• My computer

How else will I take unnecessary Buzzfeed quizzes or take notes in class?

• My Erin Condren notebook

If you haven’t heard of her, Erin Condren has beautiful personalized paper supplies. I use one of her notebooks as a bullet journal to keep my life organized. If you like what you see on the website, use this code to get $10 off your purchase.

• Pencil Case

I still carry a pencil case around because I feel the need to color-code everything. In it, I have Stabilo writing utensils, mechanical pencils, White Out and my Her Campus pen.

• Snacks

What I munch on throughout the day varies, but I normally have nuts or any other small snack to help me survive. Baby carrots, chips or fruit are great to help fuel your body when you’re on the go.

• iPad

Being part of so many organizations and having to be on your A-game at all times is hard. I manage many social media pages for the orgs I’m a part of as well as my own. It can be pretty hectic. So, I use my iPad to stay on top of things because I find it more efficient and portable than a computer.

• A book

Philadelphia has been blessed with beautiful weather lately. I enjoy the sun and warm temperature so much that I refuse to spend time indoors. I often find myself just reading a book in the academic quad or around Buckley Field.

• Money and Keys

Momma taught me well: you should never leave the house without these two essentials. Carry a small amount of cash in case of emergencies and keep your keys safe. To make sure you don’t lose your keys you can secure them on a lanyard or hair tie.

Unlike high school, you don’t have to tote around much in college. These basics will help prepare you to get through an eight-hour day of classes, work and an all-nighter at the library! What do you keep in your backpack? Let us know in the comments!

Photo Credit: [2]

Orly is a Venezuelan senior at Drexel University majoring in Public Relations and double minoring in marketing and writing. In her free time, you can find her in a coffee shop writing, color-coding her way through life or binge watching One Tree Hill for the fifth time. She manages HCD's Facebook page as well as their Twitter and hopes to make a career out of social media someday.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.