This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Mario Badescu is loved by most, if not all Beauty Gurus for their affordable prices, natural ingredients, and excellent quality. I started using Mario Badescu a few years ago after I noticed my skin had become increasingly more dry from the Clinique three step system. I started off buying the Combinations and Oily Skin Regimen Kit ($30) which solved my acne breakouts and dry skin. It comes with the Enzyme Cleansing Gel ($7-14), Cucumber Cleansing Lotion ($15), Aloe Moisturizer ($24) and the Flower & Tonic Mask ($18). Each of these products moisturized and cleansed my pores while allowing my skin to breathe after taking away some of my excess natural oils. I would look forward to the few times a week when I would put on the Flower & Tonic face mask since it gave my face a refreshing glow. I applied the cleansing gel with my Clarisonic every night before bed and in the morning. I would suggest only using about a dime size amount of each one of these products since a little goes a long way, which allows your dollar to go a long way.

Rosewater Facial Spray  

I started to use the Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater ($7) a few years ago and have been addicted to this flowery mist ever since, I started to use this product after I noticed its presence in Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom, and the Youtube world. This spray can be used to revitalize one’s bare skin or set an effortless makeup look. This spray allows one’s skin to be moisturized without the oils in a serum or lotion. I would look forward to waking up in the morning and setting my makeup with this luxuriously scented mist.

Summer Shine Body Lotion

The ‘Summer Shine’ Body Lotion ($10) was hands down my go to summer secret, last year. I would shower then slather my body with this gold-infused glitter lotion. The glitter in the lotion glistened in the summer sun and provided an everyday glam factor. The aroma of this lotion smells exactly like a tropical vacation should which is why I was complimented often on my trip to The Breakers in Palm Beach. The ‘Summer Shine’ Body Lotion ($10) is the perfect go to beach item!

Drying Lotion

By far my favorite Mario Badescu product is the Drying Lotion ($17), this product is lusted after by Kylie Jenner which she has proposed is her holy grail. I didn’t believe at first that this could work more efficiently than my acne spot treatment prescription. Well, it worked and cured my acne overnight! If you were to buy one product from this brand, here is the one to purchase!

Special Cucumber Lotion 

A product of Mario’s that I did not prefer was the Special Cucumber Lotion ($15), the smell of it was not pleasant and the product made my face burn. This product is extremely similar in texture to the Cucumber Cleansing Lotion ($15), but different ingredients in each differ. My older sibling as well didn’t enjoy this product compared to the regular Cucumber Cleansing Lotion ($15). If you have drier than oily skin I would stick to the original product unless told otherwise by a product representative.

All in all, I really enjoy Mario’s products and believe their prices are comparable to some drug store brands. These products are top of the line, celebrity and Beauty Guru approved and most importantly approved by the average college student. Mario Badescu products are well worth the try.

Images courtesy of Mario Badescu 

Ariana is a senior communications major and a writer for Her Campus at Drexel University. She loves to learn about pop culture, sex and gender, and is currently working on her senior project researching communication about sexual health on campus. Her go-to binge-worthy shows are Friends and Sex and the City.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.