80’s-Inspired Outfits For Every Holiday Party

Posted -

Can we all just agree that 80’s movies are the best? If I’m staying in on a Saturday night, you can bet my Netflix queue will be filled with "Pretty in Pink," "Ferris Bueller’s Day Off," and "Top Gun." Like the great Emma Stone said in "Easy A,"  “Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie... But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life” and this is a tragedy I have yet to come to terms with. However, I have figured out a way to instill my love for 80’s films and fashion into holiday outfit ideas this year, so just in case some guy does run all the way across town to confess his love for you New Year’s Eve, you’ll be dressed appropriately.

A special thanks to the Arcadia Boutique for loaning us some beautiful dresses, jewelry and a rockin' leather jacket for the shoot.

Comments

About The Author

Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.

Editor's Note

Are you an aspiring journalist or just looking for an outlet where you can share your voice? Apply to write for Her Campus!

User login