This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Tinder is a great place to easily meet people without ever leaving the comfort of your own bed. It truly is a hit or miss based on the individuals that you find on the app. A nice feature about it is that it provides you with a variety (good and/or bad) of people to talk to and no matter who you are, it’s likely that you’ve tried Tinder to either look for love, find a hookup or just because you were bored. Here are all the types of guys you may have seen while swiping.

1. The Old High School Crush

While you went to college, had the ultimate glo-up and continue to thrive, this guy stayed in your hometown, attended the local university probably studying business and drinks beers every Saturday when he thinks he dages so hard. He didn’t pay attention to you in high school, but damn, when he sees you now, he’s going to regret never saying anything. You probably were sweet to him when you guys matched and were messaging, but he is never going to have the satisfaction of ever being with you. He’ll just have to realize what he missed out on all these years.

2. The Hot Frat Boy You’d Only Ever Dream of Talking To

Image Courtesy of JOE.ie

This guy probably has a generic name like Jake, Brad or Nick and wears Vineyard Vines, boat shoes and wants to work at J.P. Morgan after he graduates. Regardless, he is still hot and every girl is pining after him. You would never really think that he’d ever give you the time of day, but once you guys match on Tinder, you find out that he thinks you’re also super hot and you wonder why you never had this information before. After you attend one of his frat’s parties, you actually talk in person and he can’t stop watching you dance on those elevated surfaces.

3. Your Guy Friend

Image Courtesy of Cosmopolitan

So, maybe you didn’t exactly meet your guy friend on Tinder, but you only swipe right on him because you know him and are friends. In that case, it’s totally okay for you guys to match because it’s a joke… unless he swipes on you because he secretly has feelings for you and this is an excuse for him to actually turn your friendship into something more.

4. The Guy Who’s Semi-Famous

You would think that this guy would want to protect his privacy a bit more, but maybe he loves attention, or it’s easier for him to find love via Tinder. He might be a D-list celebrity, could’ve been on a reality show for a hot second, is the lead singer of a band/is a DJ or is a Philadelphia Eagles player whose fame blew up after he made an appearance in the Super Bowl.

5. The Guy You Actually End Up Having a “Thing” With

Image Courtesy of GossipOnThis

This is the guy who seems the most realistic for you to be with. He’s just a normal guy at your school and after a few conversations and dates, things go great between you two and you end up developing some sort of relationship. He’s the one that you text every day and love to hang out with. There is some potential here with this guy, but who knows how long it will last.

6. The Straight-Up Creepy Guy

He delivers inappropriate, rude and disgusting messages. Everything about him screams “gross” and this is someone who you need to abandon immediately and block. He probably stole pictures off of some famous Instagram model’s profile too.

7. The Older “Man”

This guy has already graduated from college, probably works a job that pays the bills and likes to dine at nice restaurants. He asks you out on a proper date and is generally more mature and has better manners than what you are used to.

8. The Foreign Guy

Image Courtesy of Metro

The foreign guy is probably from France, Spain or Australia – some place far away, and you love to hear all about his life experiences growing up somewhere else. You also dream about how hot his accent might sound too. He most likely plays sports and goes to clubs a lot.

Sound familiar? If you haven’t already, you will definitely meet one or more of these guys on the infamous dating app. The more of these guys you encounter, trust me, the better stories you will have.

Rachel is a senior at Drexel University majoring in Design & Merchandising. She dreams of traveling the world and loves to learn about new cultures and languages. She also aspires to be the editor-in-chief of her own fashion magazine one day. You can find her binge watching Vanderpump Rules, eating way too much mac & cheese, dancing to her favorite songs and exploring when she goes city-hopping!