6 Thoughts You Have When Watching an Old TV Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Netflix and Hulu have many perks and one of them is the ability to binge watch. While others might be enjoying a new series, I personally love rediscovering old classics. Lately, both online streaming networks have added amazing TV shows that I enjoyed as a young teen and I was surprised while reliving the storylines and drama in those episodes. Here are six thoughts you have while reminiscing during your old favorite TV series.

1. Excitement

While preparing popcorn, you sing the intro song and get way too excited when your favorite characters make an appearance. You get the same rush from watching the show now that you had the first time you viewed it and become giddy every time something nostalgic happens. You start to realize why you used to love this show and you can’t wait to gush about it to your friends.

2. Panic

You forgot who the killer or the troublemaker of the show was and feel like it is the first time you are watching the episode, panicking with every cliff hanger. Thankfully, you just have to click “next episode” in order to get rid of that feeling of not knowing what comes next.

3. Curiosity

Because you already watched it once, you are not afraid of spoilers and instead you love them now. You can’t remember exactly who was the one who sent the Gossip Girl blast or why Lorelei and Luke broke up, and your curiosity gets in the way so you google every single detail.

4. Regret

You missed your Psych 101 class, didn’t study for your marketing exam and even missed your best friend’s birthday. You now regret starting to watch an old TV show that you loved so much and refuse to admit that you can’t stop watching it.

5. Nostalgia

You start to remember everything about this show and associate memories from your own life with the lives of the characters. You remember that time when Bobby told you he wasn’t going to take you to homecoming and you watched the show to drown your sorrows while crying your eyes out.

6. Withdrawal

Once you are done watching it, you experience withdrawal. You still think about the next episode even though you know the series has ended and you start to miss all your favorite characters and their lives.

It’s always exciting to relive the moments from your childhood. You still wish you lived the best of both worlds like Hannah Montana or were killing it like Lauren Conrad in The Hills. Even though TV shows today may no longer hold your interest as they did before, you have your trusty streaming websites to rely on when you need a taste of your favorite shows. Tweet us at @hercampusdrexel to let us know which TV shows from your tween years are your favorites to re-watch! 

Orly is a Venezuelan senior at Drexel University majoring in Public Relations and double minoring in marketing and writing. In her free time, you can find her in a coffee shop writing, color-coding her way through life or binge watching One Tree Hill for the fifth time. She manages HCD's Facebook page as well as their Twitter and hopes to make a career out of social media someday.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.