This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

We all have gone through our phases of buying super expensive beauty and skin products that don’t live up to our expectations. Recently I decided to ditch spending loads of money at Sephora and went back to my OG beauty store: Target. I’ve compiled a list of products I have personally tried and loved that won’t leave you with an empty wallet.

1. Nubian Heritage African Black Soap

I first heard of African black soap from a Tumblr post and decided to give it a try. It’s meant to clear complexions and calm problem spots. My acne in high school was terrible and I had already tried every other product, so what was another new one? The first brand I tried completely dried out my skin, but Nubian Heritage? It is completely worth the hype. It actually leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated after every wash, and I noticed a significant change in my complexion in just a couple of days.

2. Pond’s Dry Skin Cream  

I decided to try Pond’s after my mom told me it was the only skin care product my grandma ever used. It’s a little heavy so I don’t recommended using it as part of your makeup routine, but it’s great after nighttime showers when you feel like pampering yourself a little more.

3. L’Oreal Pure Clay Mask

It was hard to choose which of the three L’Oreal Pure Clay Masks I wanted to try, but finally I settled on the red algae one. It’s designed to exfoliate and refine your pores, and it really produces great results in as little as three uses. The pores on my nose were always very noticeable, but after three days of using this mask for 15 minutes, they had shrunk to nearly nothing!

Image courtesy of L’Oreal Paris USA

4. Que Bella Face Mask

If you’re looking to find a mask for more long term use, use L’Oreal, but if you’re looking for a cheap treat for your skin, these $1.97 masks for the ones for you. There is a big variety of masks that serve different purposes. Be mindful that some may dry your skin out a little bit (that’s where the Ponds comes into play) but the pore minimizing t-zone mask did a surprisingly good job pulling out my stubborn blackheads.

5. Thayer’s Witch Hazel

This witch hazel has an aloe vera formula and serves as an alcohol-free toner. It can come in rose petal or lavender. My sister’s a big fan of the lavender bottle, but I prefer the rose petal. Unlike other witch hazels, it doesn’t leave my skin super dry and flaky. Instead, it leaves me more toned and softer.  Note, this picture is of the trial size!

Image courtesy of Thayer’s Natural Remedies

6. Sonia Kashuk Anything!

Sonia Kashuk is just about my favorite makeup brand. Once I discovered her foundation, I was hooked. I’ve used nearly all of her products, and have been happy with each one of them. Her nail polishes have a variety of colors, her foundations and concealers go on easily, and her lipsticks are a creamy, long-lasting formula! Her products might not be as cheap as the other brands sold at Target, but they won’t break the bank either.

These are just a few of the beauty products available at Target. The Center City location recently re-vamped its beauty sections, and they offer loads of organic, inexpensive products that are worth the try. Hopefully you enjoy these products, and that they become your favorites as well!

Bebhinn Nagle is a pre-junior at Drexel University, where she is majoring in Nursing. Along with this role of writer for HerCampus Drexel, she is also the recruitment chair for the school's student nurses' association.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.