harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

5 Ways to Manage Your Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Whether you’re graduating, getting ready for the next round of co-op, or are just a human being, you’ve probably experienced stress at some point. Stress can be totally overwhelming and debilitating if you don’t try to get ahead and relieve a little bit of it. Here are some simple, yet powerful tricks to help you in your life.

1. Write it out

Writing out your fears, angers and problems are a great way to relieve a stressful situation. You get to clearly organize your thoughts and are then able to go back and re-read them to get more of a sense of everything.

2. Try deep breathing

Image Courtesy of Livestrong

There are many forms of deep breathing out there, but I recommend the 5-3-6 method. You inhale for five seconds, hold your breath for three and then exhale for six seconds. If you repeat this process two or three times in total, you’ll feel a little better.

3. Make to-do lists

Image Courtesy of TurbineHQ

Sometimes it’s hard knowing where to begin when you have a lot of tasks that need to be done by a certain deadline. I’d recommend writing out to-do lists on a daily basis. It helps you stay focused on your plan for the day, helps you organize your time better and is super fun to check off each little box!

4. Go for a walk

Worrying over a situation in a tiny, cramped dorm room is not a good idea, so I’d recommend getting out and about while you think. Even if you just go around the block a couple times, fresh air and exercise is never a bad choice!

5. Ask for help when you need it

It can be intimidating to admit when you need help, but it’s so much easier when you do! Take it from someone who only recently learned to start asking question – no one is going to get mad at you if you ask for help! In fact, most people will gladly oblige.

Here were five super simple, yet super powerful tricks to help you in your tricky times. Good luck in tackling your next project!  

Bebhinn Nagle is a pre-junior at Drexel University, where she is majoring in Nursing. Along with this role of writer for HerCampus Drexel, she is also the recruitment chair for the school's student nurses' association.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.