This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

We’ve hit week six (Seriously!) and graduation gowns are in the mail. As our time at Drexel is winding down and we brag on Instagram how excited we are to leave our University City campus behind, there are a few things we’ll miss when we enter the real world. Shocking, I know, but it will really happen.

1. High Rent

Image courtesy of Lindsey Thompson

Moving out of Philadelphia’s most expensive neighborhood is going to provide some immense sticker shock when looking for apartment in other neighborhoods around Philadelphia and surrounding cities (excluding DC & NYC). Without exorbitant rental prices, how will we know when we’re getting overcharged for basic amenities? Trusting a landlord who has flexible lease terms and cares about your wellbeing is just too suspicious, we’d rather return to on campus apartments so we know exactly why we’re overpaying.

2. Expensive but Horrible Food

The food trucks will still be available and you can always hit up Landmark for happy hour after work but we’ll never be able to truly enjoy the overpriced inedible food products from the Hans and Urban Eatery. Company cafeterias will provide satisfying and often delicious meals but it will never be as exciting or hazardous as on campus dining.

3. Construction Everywhere

Image courtesy of Lindsey Thompson

Getting to class or work without an obstacle is such a strange way to get from place to place that many Drexel seniors won’t know what to do with their free time. Who’s ever heard of being able to confidently rely on the Google Maps estimated time to get from your office to happy hour? As we leave campus we’re sure to miss the dreams of turning the quad’s dirt pit into a parkour course and the extra effort required to just get a latte before an 8 am.

4. Watching your Money Get Spent on Frivolous Things

Working for a company often means you’re involved in some process or department that spends money. This isn’t money you specifically gave to the company so you may not care how they spend it but it is a weird sensation to watch it be spent in a reasonable manner. Meanwhile you’d give anything to know why Perelman Square was redone twice in two years, maybe they’ll wedge it into our commencement address!

5. Only Having Chain Coffee Stores Nearby

Image courtesy of Lindsey Thompson

Starbucks and Saxby’s are good enough to get the job done, so why local coffee shops need to create comforting atmospheres and a friendly environment is beyond reason at this point. Sure, the quality of drinks is much better at these local joints but sometimes we just need to be able to order a hastily prepared latte that may or may not contain the soy milk we requested.

Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.