Career

5 Influential Women to Follow on Instagram

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Role models are so important when you are growing up and nowadays, it’s not hard to find a woman with a similar dream or life path as you. Us girls must stick together and support each other while building each other up. Here’s where we took to Instagram to find you five lovely ladies who will serve as an inspiration to you and hopefully make a positive impact in your life!

1. Georgie Stevenson (@georgiestevenson)

Image Courtesy of Georgie Stevenson

This fitness guru from Australia openly shares her health journey with her followers, inviting you into both the struggles and the wins that she faces. One aspect of her life that people love to watch are her daily routines. Georgie also recently obtained her law degree, so she balances her work life while still being able to cook healthy meals and going hard at the gym! What a total girl boss!

2. Chiara Ferragni (@chiaraferragni)

Image Courtesy of Chiara Ferragni

New mom and super fashion influencer, Chiara, absolutely does it all. This Italian beauty has her own blog, The Blonde Salad, has done many collaborations with well-known brands and now has a little baby named Leo to be responsible for. Only in her early 30’s and majorly successful, she is definitely a woman to look up to!

3. Cardi B (@iamcardib)

Image Courtesy of Cardi B

Totally unapologetic Grammy nominee, Cardi B, is completely slaying the charts with her music and fans love her, not only because she’s talented, but because she is 100% herself! She has stayed humble to her roots and inspires women to voice their opinions, embrace their passions and always be true to themselves.

4. Michelle Obama (@michelleobama)

Image Courtesy of Michelle Obama

Former First Lady, Michelle Obama, is without a doubt, a woman that all of America looks up to. During her time in the White House, she was passionate about children’s health and fitness, as well as advocating for the education of young women. A graduate of Princeton University and Harvard Law School, Mrs. Obama is a smart, educated and caring role model for girls all around.

5. Serena Williams (@serenawilliams)

Image Courtesy of Serena Williams

A force to be reckoned with in the sports world, Serena Williams’ hustle shows every single time she plays. A champion for many years and counting, she often speaks about her devotion to tennis, as well as playing as an African-American woman, and a woman with a curvier and more athletic body. The world was stunned when she won the Australian Open in January 2017 while pregnant!

Check out these women on Instagram to learn more about their amazing careers, inspiring lives and for a little motivation so that you too can follow your dreams!

Rachel is a senior at Drexel University majoring in Design & Merchandising. She dreams of traveling the world and loves to learn about new cultures and languages. She also aspires to be the editor-in-chief of her own fashion magazine one day. You can find her binge watching Vanderpump Rules, eating way too much mac & cheese, dancing to her favorite songs and exploring when she goes city-hopping!