4 Transition Pieces for Winter to Spring Fashion

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

As the winter quarter is in its last few weeks and the sun begins to come out, students are facing a problem: what do we wear during this “in between” time? With Philadelphia’s temperamental weather in mind, we’ve narrowed down the best transition pieces to take you from winter to spring.

Chunky Cardigans

Image courtsey of Polyvore

Chunky knit cardigans are my personal favorite on the list. When the weather is still below 65 degrees but above 45 degrees, a chunky knit cardigan is perfect for staying cozy and stylish at the same time. For cardigans similar to the one pictured, browse the options at Uniqlo. Look for a bright colored knit that is thick enough to use in windy Center City or as a blanket for a cold class in Drexel Plaza.

Thick leggingsImage courtsey of Pinterest

I love athletic leggings as much as the next person, but they don’t keep you warm on colder days. They are meant to wick away moisture and keep you cool, which is something you do not want on colder spring days. Knit leggings, however, are usually made from a thicker material and retain heat without making you too hot. Try these HUE leggings – they’re amazing since they come in a variety of sizes, patterns, and colors.

Ankle Booties

Image courtesy of Finspi

Ankle booties are a perfect shoe for transitioning from winter into spring. They’re super versatile since you can pair them with casual jeans or dressy slacks for work. Ankle booties will keep your feet warm without making your legs hot. For chillier days, pair them with cute chunky knit socks that peek out of the tops. Try this sleek, waterproof pair from Zappos to elevate your jeans or wear to co-op.

Suede Jackets

Image courtsey of WaytoStyle.com

While bomber jackets may have been in this season, a suede jacket will never go out of style or look out of place. They’re thin enough to ensure you won’t sweat during your commute but heavy enough that you won’t end up freezing. These jackets help you easily transition from winter to spring while adding a pop of color and texture to some of your duller winter pieces. They are perfect for layering and look great in class or at work. Try the Wildflower moto jacket in emerald from Macy’s for a bolder look or splurge on a BLANKNYC moto jacket in various hues from Nordstrom.

No matter if you try one or all, these pieces look great together and will help you ease into spring, whether it’s 65 and sunny one day or cold and rainy the next. What are your favorite transition pieces? Let us know on Facebook!

Cover image courtsey of Advice from a Twenty Something

Maegan is a sophomore History major at Drexel University who constantly contemplates double majoring or double minoring. When she's not writing a paper, reading or watching Netflix, she can be found day-dreaming, eating, staring at the sun or all of the above.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.