This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Ah finals, the time of test-induced anxiety, burst of procrastination and the never-ending feeling that this week is one of the longest weeks you’ve experienced. We’ve all been there and let’s be real, finals suck and there’s not much you can do about it. But there are some things you can do to make studying for finals more efficient and, dare I say, painless? I’ve compiled four tips to survive finals.

1. Use online study tools.

If you feel like investing in a great program that will save your life on multiple occasions, I recommend getting Chegg, Khan Academy and Grammarly. Chegg website gives you step-by-step instructions on how to solve virtually any problem that you’re stuck on. It’s more known for being an online textbook rental service but has so many great benefits. I’ve been using Khan Academy for my science and math classes since I was in middle school. The lecture-style videos with the practice problems are perfect for relearning old content from week one. I saw an ad for Grammarly on YouTube one day and decided to check it out. Advertised as a spelling grammar and plagiarism checker, the application will check your spelling and minor grammar mistakes for free. For a monthly purchase of $30 you can have access to the plagiarism checker as well as more advanced grammar mistakes that are harder to find. 

2. Take advantage of study rooms.

A lot of professors rent out rooms in the library for students to take advantage of. There are a lot of benefits that come with a library room. For one, you have the room to yourself, so you won’t have any distractions like other people screaming or playing music without headphones. Additionally, there are some great spots to study on campus such as Ross Commons and the learning terrace under Race Hall. Studying in different locations has shown to improve information retention, so go outside, go to coffee shops – just mix it up.

3. Choose your study buddies wisely.

As much as you love your friends, they can be distracting. What I’ve learned is to study with my friends every other night leading up to finals. For example, if there’s a math exam that I’m studying for I’ll do the exam on my own one night then go over it with friends the night after. That way you won’t feel like an antisocial hermit during finals week but also won’t feel like you’re not productive at all because you’re distracted from friends.

4. Set up a good ~study~ ambiance.

When you’re studying its best to put yourself in an environment where you will have the least amount of distractions. If you listen to music I recommend listening to instrumental songs so that lyrics won’t distract you. Also, chewing gum while studying helps you memorize content more efficiently. Keep healthy snacks and water on hand so you don’t have to leave to get food. Also, choosing healthier food over junk food will keep you energized and alert. Make sure you study in a well-lit room as dim lighting can make you sleepy and less productive. Most importantly, try to keep your study space clean. If that means leaving your room and going somewhere else because there’s too much clutter on your desk, do it.

Hopefully these tips have inspired you to get off the couch, turn Keeping Up With the Kardashians off and put Khan Academy on instead. What are your favorite study hacks? Let us know in the comments!

Her Campus Drexel contributor.