nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

14 Reasons Being Single on Valentine’s Day Is Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Valentine’s Day is usually a holiday for the couples, but the singles can have fun too! Don’t sit around and sulk about not having a significant other to wine and dine you. Instead, rejoice that the following 14 things can be on your to-do list for the day. There are no frills, hearts or flowers cramping your style this Valentine’s Day so do whatever you like.

1. Shaving isn’t a thing.

It’s winter so you probably haven’t been shaving much anyway, but there is no added pressure to groom if you are flying solo on V-Day.

2. Wine tastes better straight from the bottle.

No need for fancy wine glasses or worrying about stained teeth.

3. A face mask is an acceptable makeup look.

You can totally rock that clarifying mud mask.

4. Pajamas are appropriate date night attire.

That unicorn onesie is calling your name.

5. No bra? No problem!

Who needs lingerie when you can be comfy and go commando?

6. Sharing your food isn’t necessary.

There will be no Lady and the Tramp-style noodle sharing here. You eat that pizza and chocolate all by yourself, girl!

7. Buying yourself jewelry feels like an accomplishment.

You don’t need a SO to buy you nice things; you buy your own diamonds and you buy your own rings.

8. You don’t need reservations for take out.

You’re not waiting for a table because the pizza man comes straight to your door.

9. Netflix and chill actually means what it sounds like.

No ulterior motive here.

10. You’re in control of the remote.

Want to watch a chick flick in the spirit of the holiday? Cool! Want to watch a horror film in protest? Go for it!

11. Bars will be full of other singles.

While all the couples are at a nice restaurant, you’ll be on your second tower of beer at Wahoo’s Tower Tuesday.

12. You get to judge everyone engaging in gross PDA.

Making fun of the guy who uses too much tongue can be a thrill.

13. Placing bets on how long the valentines will date is a great pastime.

There’s nothing like winning money at the expense of other people’s breakups.

14. You can rest easy knowing your independent AF.

You don’t need a SO to be happy. You are doing just fine on your own. If you’re going to date someone, it’s going to be because you like the person not because of a silly holiday.

It ain’t easy being a single lady, but it can be super rewarding. Be your own valentine this year, collegiettes!

Ariana is a senior communications major and a writer for Her Campus at Drexel University. She loves to learn about pop culture, sex and gender, and is currently working on her senior project researching communication about sexual health on campus. Her go-to binge-worthy shows are Friends and Sex and the City.