11 Reasons We’re Pumped UPenn is Almost Gone for the Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

We all know that the Drexel-University of Pennsylvania rivalry is all nonsense – LOL who are we kidding, we’re the best. We can’t wait for all of the UPenn students to go home for summer break. It’s not that we don’t love them, or that we aren’t friends with some of them. It’s just that…we kind of need our space sometimes. In just a month’s time we can trust all that we will have most of University City to ourselves and here is why we are so (SO) excited.

1a. The line to our Starbucks has *magically* disappeared as Drexel students push to the now-empty off-campus locales.

1b. So many seats become available!

2. Actually, every line is shorter in University City. This includes Chipotle, Fresh Grocer, and CVS. #WIN

3. If Penn has left for summer, that means the weather is about to get BEEE-YOUUUU-TEEEE-FUUULLLL. #greatstarttosummer

4. You can actually get a table at Sitar on a Friday night.

*P.S. you all should try it. Great Indian buffet.

5. Drexel boys start to look better with no UPenn boys around for comparison

…or not….

6. It’s much easier to wander around their campus pretending it’s Drexel. (No UPenn sweatshirts to shatter that dream.)

7. Last minute movie tickets are a definite possibility at The Rave.

8. We would’ve had the whole park between 33rds & 34th to ourselves…

…but no, they just had to build dorms there.  

9. Our parties start looking cool again

10. We don’t have to figure out excuses as to why we can’t go to a Penn party on 40th.

11. We regain our rightful spot as Supreme Rulers over University City.

Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.
Aubrey Nagle is an English major at Drexel University. She is currently a Features intern at Marie Claire and has previously interned Seventeen and Philadelphia magazine. She loves everything about pop culture and someday hopes to be a culture critic or an Entertainment Director for a women's magazine or national newspaper.To view her clips visit aubreynagle.contently.com and follow her on Twitter @aubsn.