10 Things We Learned from Her Campus’s New Book

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

If you haven’t heard by now, Her Campus has published a book! The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life! is an all-inclusive book detailing the best ways to survive college and make some great memories! We know you all are short on time with midterms right around the corner so we’ve pulled a few lessons from the book that we think are the most important. (It was a really hard task to narrow these down.) If you want to learn more about each of the tips we touch on below or want to read more, make sure to pick up your own copy of the book by clicking here!

1. It’s totally okay that you’ve never had a boyfriend.

2. Dormcest has its pros… and cons.

3. Bond with your roommate outside of your dorm.

4. Stay safe everywhere! On campus, in bed, and while abroad.

5. Get. Enough. Sleep.

6. Join an extracurricular or two, but learn to balance your time.

7. You’re probably going to fail a test once or twice and it’s not the end of the world.

8. Being in Greek Life has great benefits even after graduation

9. Learn how to handle your money immediately. Set budgets, get a part-time job, apply for scholarships and aid.

10. Have fun!

There are tons more tips and tricks to successfully handling college so make sure to pick up your copy soon! 

Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.