This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

10 things to do before you graduate

1. Explore the city you are in

For four (or five) whole years, you get to be independently living in such an incredible city. Who knows where life will take you after, perhaps your career will take you to Europe, or you’ll follow a loved one to another end of the country. It is not certain how long you will get to be in such a vibrant city such as Philadelphia, so take advantage of every moment that you get to be a part of it. Explore the Franklin fountain, check out Market East, try new foods at the Reading Terminal Market. Take it all in before you graduate, for it might be the last time you are a part of the city of Philly.

2. Try new things

Many times it is easy to shy behind our good friends and only follow the crowd. This can hold you back from doing so many of the things that add value to your life. Before you graduate, try the things you are scared to try. Join a club, all by yourself, because YOU are interested in it. Don’t let fear stop you from trying something new. You might end up loving it, meeting a new friend, and discovering something new about yourself that you never knew.

3. Find your person (or people)

College is such a diverse place, its easy to meet the kind of people you want in your life. Before you graduate, it is important to meet the kind of people you want to have in your life. You can meet great people with common interests in your classes, out at activities, even while just out getting coffee. Before you leave, take time to build real bonds with people, and not just superficial friendships.

4. Cut loose ties

There comes a time when if people no longer grow you, or help you build yourself as a person, that you learn to leave them behind. Some people will only hold you back. College is a time to let go of the people who held you from becoming your best self. Before you graduate, cut the loose ties.

5. Find your niche.

Everyone has a specialty, if you don’t know what yours is, now is the perfect time to discover your niche. Join clubs, get involved with your campus, and find out where your interests are.

6. Make time for YOU

After college, life really starts. This means starting a full time job, maybe getting married or starting a family, so college is really the last time of just you. Its important to do the things that make you happy and putting yourself first. Treat yo’self!!!

7. Find yourself.

College is the time where you can try new things, enjoy where you are, explore, and find out who you really are. Yes, it is about meeting your people, and discovering what you want to pursue a career in, but most importantly, it is about finding yourself. Do you love to travel? Are you introverted? Do you love the environment or want to be an advocate for women’s rights? Don’t act like you enjoy something that you don’t. Don’t gossip to people when you know its wrong. Don’t keep seeing the guy who bores you just because your family likes him. Be yourself, do things for you. Before you graduate, find what makes you happy, find what makes your life feel full.

8. Do what you love

If going to art museums or long hikes fill you with joy, go out and do it. Life is too short to waste time not doing what makes you happy. Take yourself on dates, go out and enjoy your life! Spend the extra money getting your nails done and taking care of yourself, go see that movie you have been dying to see. Go out and do what you love.

9. Travel

Take advantage of studying abroad. Going to a new place with a set itinerary and a good group of friends is a blessing, take advantage of it! Go see the world!

10. Say thank you

Thank the people around you. Your family, who helped you through college. Your professors, who guided you don’t the path to success. Your counselor, who always took the time to see you and help you go in the right direction.  Your roommates, who shared endless dinners with you and stayed up until 2am when you needed them. And your friends, who were there through the good and the bad were there for you

Her Campus Drexel contributor.