Sweaters for Every Kind of Person During the Holidays

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Whether you love the holiday season or absolutely can’t stand it, late November in the Northeast means sweater season! For people like me who can’t get enough of Christmas, this means getting the green flag to show our holiday pride in a (somewhat) socially acceptable manner, but if you have less festive spirit, you might be at a loss as to what sweater to wear. Never fear, HC has got you covered! Check out our sweater suggestions for every level of festive.

The Grinch

ASOS

The Grinch cannot stand Christmas. The Grinch feels their blood boil any time a department store has holiday music playing on repeat. But never fear, Grinch, this sweater might make you feel a bit more festive! Overt holiday symbols are not for you, but perhaps add a wintry pattern or two?

The Scrooge

J. Crew

You might think the Grinch and Scrooge are one-in-the same, but the difference here is quite plain. The Scrooge has a change of heart on Christmas day, so why not pick a sweater that is a little more bright and gay?  Fair Isle is the pattern for you, Scrooge.

The Snow Bunny

ASOS

Maybe you aren’t the biggest holiday fanatic, but with the first sight of snow you get in a joyful panic. The ski slopes and fire-heated homes are your aesthetic, so why not showcase the things that make a Northeast holiday season cool

The Turkey Day Holdout

ASOS

The Turkey Day Holdout does not hate Christmas, they simply claim that “the holidays cannot start until Thanksgiving is over!” Yes, they are festive, but their level of festivity does not compare to the final type on our list. So for the lover of Thanksgiving, decorate yourself with penguins, snowmen and snowflakes made with bling.

Hyped for Hanukkah

Tipsy Elves

Not everyone in America celebrates Christmas, but the holidays are much more than just Christmas! Being half Jewish myself, I had to include the Hanukkah lover on the list. Even though this isn’t the most important Jewish holiday, your sweater can make it seem like it is! You’ll be more lit than a menorah decked in dreidels.

The Festive Freak

Tipsy Elves

As a self-declared Festive Freak, I had to save the most intense for last. When the weather outside is frightful is when you find the time of year most delightful! You have been ready for Christmas since December 26th of last year and your clothes say it. Don’t be afraid to let visions of sugar plum fairies dance in your head or on your chest for that matter. Now that everyone’s had their fill of Thanksgiving turkey, let your inner holiday spirit free.

From the grinchiest of grinches to the most festive of freaks, there is a festive sweater out there for everyone. Happy holidays, collegiettes! May your festive sweaters keep you feeling merry through finals.

Alexandra (Alex) is a Senior classics and religion double major and Campus Correspondent at Dickinson College. On campus, Alex is a first-year mentor, plays club sports, and is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her spare time, Alex is a self-confessed Food Network junkie and shopaholic. After graduation, she would love to work at a magazine or a PR agency. You can find her on instagram and twitter at @astagsss.