timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Some Advice to Get Through This Midterm Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

The only unfortunate part of spring break is what comes before it: midterms.  As I anticipate my trip to the Bahamas that I leave for in a week, I am reminded that in order to get there, I have 3 big exams and a paper due in the next five days.  As I spend all my time slaving away in the library, I think about all of the things I can and should do to make this week as bearable as possible. 

1.Plan everything

For me, it’s important to plan my days down to the minute: when I’m eating, sleeping, studying, etc.  I allot myself breaks to chill and schedule in the exact times I’m studying so I can make sure everything gets done.

2.Give yourself some time to relax

It’s so important that I give myself time every day to let my mind rest, if it’s by watching Netflix, taking a quick nap, or hanging out with my roommates.  Otherwise, I’ll go insane for sure.

3.Think about when it’s all over

Midterm season seems endless, but there is so much to look forward to after it’s all over.  Spring break is right around the corner and you’ll have plenty of time to recuperate before we do it all over again during finals :)

Devon Carlson

Dickinson '20

Devon is a junior at Dickinson College, majoring in Political Science and Educational Studies. At Dickinson, she involves herself in a cappella and soccer, but outside of her school work and extracurriculars, she has a very strong passion for coffee and all things related to The Office.