Registration Open for Dickinson’s 3rd Annual Run for Hope

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

According to the Run for Hope Committee, “one in five women and one in sixteen men will be victims of sexual assault while in college.” The annual Run for Hope is an event that aims to raise awareness about sexual assault and raise money for advocacy efforts.

On Sunday, April 2nd, the Prevention, Education, and Advocacy Center, in tandem with Dickinson’s Greek women, will be hosting the Run for Hope. The 5K run/walk will take place at the Kline Athletic Center at 1pm. The registration fee for the event is $20 and proceeds go to the YWCA Rape Crisis Services of Carlisle.

Students can either register online, or in the bottom of the HUB from 11:30-1:30 every weekday until March 31st (the Friday before the event). This is the third year that Dickinson will be hosting the Run for Hope, which, in prior years, drew hundreds of participants and raised nearly $4000 dollars to benefit the YWCA. Don’t miss out on the chance to take part in an amazing event benefitting a very important cause and register today!

Image and information courtesy of Dickinson’s Run for Hope Committee

Alexandra (Alex) is a Senior classics and religion double major and Campus Correspondent at Dickinson College. On campus, Alex is a first-year mentor, plays club sports, and is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her spare time, Alex is a self-confessed Food Network junkie and shopaholic. After graduation, she would love to work at a magazine or a PR agency. You can find her on instagram and twitter at @astagsss.