One of Our Own: HC Dickinson’s PR & Marketing Director, Alexis Scott ’19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

From her work on Dickinson Science Magazine to her passion for community service, Alexis Scott ’19 has certainly made the most of her time at Dickinson so far. On top of all of her hobbies and extracurriculars, Alexis also manages to serve as HC’s own Publicity and Marketing Director. We sat down with Alexis to learn more about her, her interests and her plans for the rest of her time at Dickinson. 

Name: Alexis Scott

Class Year: 2019

Major: Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

Hometown: Pittsburgh, PA

HC: What exactly is it that you do at Her Campus as the Marketing and Publicity Director?

AS: My job is to represent HC on campus and lead efforts to spread awareness about what we do. 

HC: What activities are you involved in at Dickinson outside of Her Campus?

AS: I work as an editor for Dickinson Science Magazine, and I’ll take over as editor-in-chief next fall. I am also a member of Alpha Phi Omega, which is a co-ed service fraternity. I’m a member of gaming club as well. 

HC: What are you involved with off-campus/what are your hobbies?

AS: I love community service, and I especially enjoy volunteering at Thornwald and Claremont (two local nursing homes). I also like playing video games, listening to podcasts, and spending time with my friends. 

HC: Any plans to go abroad?

AS: I plan on going to Australia (UQ) next spring. 

HC: What is a funny memory that you have from your time at Dickinson?

AS: Last week, we watched a Tide pod dissovle in a glass of hot water in the caf. It was dope. 

HC: What is one thing that most people don’t know about you?

AS: I am adopted. 

HC: Is there one piece of advice that you’ve been given that has stuck with you?

AS: To always be willing to try new things and not to limit yourself. College is the perfect time to try new activities and to learn new things. 

HC: Lastly (the most important question), what is your favorite place to eat in Carlisle?

AS: Either Issei or Redd’s. 

Alexandra (Alex) is a Senior classics and religion double major and Campus Correspondent at Dickinson College. On campus, Alex is a first-year mentor, plays club sports, and is an active member of Kappa Alpha Theta. In her spare time, Alex is a self-confessed Food Network junkie and shopaholic. After graduation, she would love to work at a magazine or a PR agency. You can find her on instagram and twitter at @astagsss.