Back to School Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

We all know that the first month of a new semester, especially a new year can be hard to adjust to. However, here’s a list of songs to get you through the first month and that helps to define what collegiettes may be going through as you start school once again.

Glorious – Macklemore feat. Skylar Grey

This song is a great anthem that easily motivates people to come back better than ever, just like Macklemore did in Glorious.

Look What You Made Me Do – Taylor Swift

Taylor Swift directly calls out her haters in this hotly popular single off her new album, Reputation. Collegiettes might like this song to go with their better-than-ever mentality, cause the haters just won’t back down, but neither will you.

Mi Gente –  J Balvin and Willy William 

This summer hit is all about acceptance and welcoming others into your life. Newer collegiettes may like this song to motivate them to not be afraid to make new friends. For upperclassmen, Mi Gente is definitely a great song to prep you for great times con tu gente.

Young, Dumb and Broke – Khalid

Ever get the feeling where you feel like you have the whole world in your hands only to find out you have about $3.63 in your bank account from buying all your textbooks? College is all about being young, dumb and broke but don’t let that stop you from getting those A’s while consuming a large amount of ramen.

Feel It Still – Portugal. The Man

This upbeat tune is going to have collegiettes ready to get moving and working as soon as class dives into the syllabus. You’ll definitely keep feeling the hype!

Good luck to all collegiettes starting out the new year! You’ve got this!

Julia Mercado

Dickinson '20

Julia is an English major who just loves to write. You can normally find her looking for the next Netflix original to watch... or coming up with her own script ideas. With Her Campus, she hopes to reach out to other college women like her!