Art Review: Rachel Eng Exhibition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Arriving in the Goodyear Gallery on January 23rd, Rachel Eng’s exhibition “Yet Unseen” was a sight to see on campus. The exhibition featured three and two-dimensional pieces, including those utilizing materials such as clay, paper and canvas. A motif of arrows was seen across several pieces, and textures that gave the illusion of motion were prominent. A reception was held for the exhibition on the 3rd of Feburary, where Eng introduced her pieces. Food and refreshments were offered.

Image

Rachel Eng is a Visiting Assistant Professor of Art here at Dickinson. She arrived at Dickinson in 2016, and is currently teaching Wheelwork Ceramics and Ceramic Sculpture. She received her B.F.A. from Penn State in 2010 and went on to receive her M.F.A. from the University of Colorado, Boulder in 2013. She is known for using a variety of materials in her work, as is exemplified in her latest exhibition.

The Goodyear Gallery features a variety of artists throughout the year. Exhibitions are vital to the culture of art at Dickinson – students majoring both in the arts and other subjects often enjoy visiting the Goodyear or Trout galleries, as the pieces shown provide an opportunity to broaden students’ artistic perspectives. Many students have visited “Yet Unseen,” particularly art students looking to gain insight on how to utilize an exhibition space. Art classes were prompted to visit the space to observe and evaluate professional work.

Rachel Eng’s exhibition will be present until February 12th.

Enthusiast of video games, makeup, and (of course) college.