10 Must-Watch Rom-Coms to Watch on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Dickinson chapter.

Whether you’re single or have someone to cuddle with, we can all appreciate a good romantic comedy. Here are the top 10 rom-coms you should watch this Valentine’s Day.

1. 50 First Dates

Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler star in this movie about a guy trying to get a girl with short-term memory loss to fall in love with him using waffles and walruses.

2. 27 Dresses

Katherine Heigl stars as a woman who embodies the saying “Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.” Watch as she plays the role again, this time for her little sister who’s marrying her boss, who she’s in love with too.

3. Crazy, Stupid, Love

Steve Carell plays a recently divorced father who tries to get back into the dating game with the help of Ryan Gosling.

4. The Proposal

Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds play a boss in danger of being deported who enlists her secretary to come to her aid. Bonus: Betty White plays Reynolds’ grandmother.

5. When Harry Met Sally

Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal play two characters whose lives intersect over the course of 12 years as they go from strangers to friends and everything in between. Features the iconic line “I’ll have what she’s having.”

6. He’s Just Not That Into You

This star-studded movie follows intersecting story lines as we watch what it’s like to be single, married, and waiting for a proposal.

7. A Cinderella Story

Hilary Duff and Chad Michael Murray play teenagers trying to achieve their dreams all while secretly texting their perfect match.

8. Just Go With It

Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler star in this movie as Sandler tries to date a younger woman with the help of Aniston and her kids.

9. You’ve Got Mail

This classic stars Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks who both play characters who own bookstores, except Hanks is trying to put Ryan’s store out of business.

10. How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days

My favorite Rom-Com stars Kate Hudson and Matthew McConaughey as they play characters who use each other to get ahead at work and win a bet.

Images: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Alexandra Loh

Dickinson '19

Alex is a senior English major at Dickinson College. Alex enjoys traveling, cooking, and watching college basketball.