Will Donald Trump Make America Great Again?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

January 20th marks the day President Donald J Trump takes office. He has promised Americans eradication of Islamic terrorists, a reformed healthcare act, and a wall that will prevent illegal immigrants from entering the country. While some see these policies as ignorant and unimportant, others look forward to “Making America Great Again”.

While our 7 trillion-dollar healthcare industry has been thriving substantially because of Obama-Care, Trumps next plan is to repeal this act. The republicans along with Trump have stated countless times that the affordable health-care act is a disaster and it not only needs to be annulled it must be replaced by something much more effective, “However, it is not enough to simply repeal this terrible legislation. We will work with Congress to make sure we have a series of reforms ready for implementation that follow free market principles and that will restore economic freedom and certainty to everyone in this country.” Trump made this statement to reassure his supporters that they will no longer suffer under Obama-care, but what about the rest of us, the millions of Americans that were comfortably insured under the affordable health-care act.

The last big policy Trump plans to implicate is a wall around the country that will stop immigration completely. He has made it clear that he believes Mexicans that cross the border, legal and illegal, are criminals. But what makes this country anymore ours than theirs? This country was taken from another and Trump has no right to stop others from entering it. America began as a country that was ruled by another with no freedom. This country became free after it was fought for. It then became a place where any man or woman could come and live a free life with liberty and justice for all, but not for long. The archaic belief that America is a country full of freedom and independence will be no longer. If a wall is built, we will be known as a selfish country and one deprived of liberty. This policy is alarmingly close to that of North Korea which is a dictatorship with its borders closed and secure. Is this what Trump is going for?

Do you believe Trump will make America Great again? Or Do you believe America was never great?

A Mass Communications major looking to obtain an internship or employment using my communication and writing expertise towards opportunities in journalism, editing, and writing
Hello! My name is Janae Faison and I am I double major at Delaware State University as a English and Journalism major. DSU Chapter of Her Campus just like the rest of the site is meant to empower all young women who are in college. Enjoy the DSU Chapter of Her Campus!