This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

1. You DO NOT need to bring your entire closest

Most likely you will receive a closet that’s half the size of your closet at home, so all of your clothes will not fit. My advice is to bring a few pieces of everything, a couple nice shirts and pants, a couple party outfits, and a clothes you would wear every day.

2. Be prepared to have a roommate

Hey, you might get lucky and receive a great roommate, and become best friends over the year. But there is also a chance you get a roommate you may have nothing in common with and it is okay, just make the best of it. If things do not work out you can always switch rooms.

3. Get Involved

By getting involved you meet more people, and make new friends, so step out of your comfort zone and join organizations.

4. Stop Procrastinating

Procrastinating is probably the worst things you can do in college. You do not want to be that one person who waits until 10pm to do a research paper that’s due at 9am the next morning:/

5. Be prepared to cook your own food at times

After a while the café is going to get extremely repetitive, so I would advise you to cook in your dorm homemade meals… or ramen.

6. Live your life!

Go out to parties and campus events, do not be a person that goes to class and back to their dorm every day. I am not saying to go out and party every night, but every so often is perfectly fine.

7. Be prepared to share a bathroom with 15+ girls

Sharing a bathroom with multiple girls seems traumatizing, but it really is not…maybe just a bit annoying. Make sure you use shower shoes, have a robe, and clean up after yourself in respect to the next girl.

8. Just Enjoy College

College may seem scary at first but it really is fun, so enjoy it!

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.