Top Three New Year’s Resolutions People Neglect

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

1. Lose weight

Most people, including myself always put off going to the gym for weeks and weeks, until it is the end of the year. By the end of the year no weight is lost and losing weight is again your “new” New Year’s Resolution is in fact the same. My way to stick to this resolution is to start off slow and go a couple times a week with mild exercising, then gradually increase the amount of time you spend in the gym, and the intensity of your workout.

2. Save Money

This one is hard for many people. Most people do not pay attention to the price they pay for certain items, so they may spend unnecessary money they could be using somewhere else. To stick to this resolution, you should look for items you absolutely need when shopping, make sure you have some type of coupon, and check to see if another store has the same item for a better price.

3. Eat healthier

This resolution is especially hard for college students. On campus there may not be very healthy options available to student. My suggestion to stick to this resolution is to throw out all the chips and other fattening snacks and replace them with healthier things, like fruits or nuts. Just by snacking on healthier foods your energy level during the day may increase.

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.