Throwback Thursday : Flavor of Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

“FLAVOR OF LOVE WAS THE BEST REALITY SHOW EVER!” *drops mic

Now if you don’t know what Flavor of love is, I am here for you. Just imagine, the ghetto version of the bachelor, 20 girls competing for the heart of one man.

Flavor of Love started a whole movement, and here are 5 reasons why you and your friends should watch Flavor of Love (again)

1. Memorable Nicknames-

Flav is old, he can’t remember everyones names, so he gives them all nicknames . With names like Pumkin, Like Dat ,Eyes, and Red Oyster I promise you won’t forget them either.

2. 20 girls with over the top personalities- On the bachelor , those skinny looking girls are nothing compared to these drama filled, curvy ones. The Arguments, the craziness , the one girl who tried to cook a chicken in the microwave. Yes, but made it really decorative with carrots, jelly , and marshmallows.

3. The challenges!!

Every challenge, you watch as these girls make complete fools out of themselves for “love”. All for Flavor Flav, the man with six kids and wears a oversized clock as a chain. And whoever wins these challenges gets to go on a one on one date with Flav, to his favorite, luxuries restaurant KFC.

4. Elimination

As much as you don’t want to see them leave, its nice to watch them go. Who would’ve guessed elimination would be such a serious matter, however of course some of these girls exit with a BANG!.

5. 2 MORE SEASONS!!!!!!

Just when he finds the perfect one. (Spoiler Alert) He does the process 2 more times. Who said love was dying? You think the first season was crazy, just imagine 2x that crazy.

If you want a great laugh with your friends, go to Hulu right now and watch Flavor of love. I promise you, you’ll fall in love with his graceful smile. LOL

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.