Saint Patrick’s Day!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!  Although it is a day of celebration, dance, and independence of the Irish and Irish descent, here are three facts about today:

1. Saint Patrick was not from Ireland but Wales, others claim he was forced into slavery at age 16.  

2. Saint Patrick had actually worn blue, but green is represented as the primary color due to Ireland gaining Independence in the late 18th century.  

3. Some “lucky charms” or things to do today include buying a goldfish (said to bring positivity), burn some sage (known to clear the air of the evil), and spill the wine (known to bring good vibes).

Go out and celebrate for today contains lots of luck!

Hi everyone, I am from the Lonestar state, go cowboys!  I lived in several places including some countries which I love writing about, along with writing about lifestyle.  I am majoring in Mass Communications with a with a minor in history! 
Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.