Meet Her Campus DESU Co-Correspondant – Janae Faison

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

Name:

Janae Faison

Classification:

Junior

Major:

Double major in Mass Communication and English

Instagram:

_madvillian_

Who inspires you the most?:

My mom because she’s been able to support me and my dreams no matter what. 

What would your dream Job be?

To be a Hip Hop Magazine Editor 

What are your short and long term goals?

Short term goal: Graduate college at 21 with two degrees and move to Atlanta. 

Long Term: Be a successful editor and have a family by maybe just maybe 30.

What’s your favorite ’90s jam?

Who Can I Run To By Xscape 

What’s the last thing you watched on TV and why did you choose to watch it?

Bob Burger’s because it’s literally the best animated show. It’s filled with sarcasm and funny as heck. 

What celebrity would you love to spend a day with and why?

The celebrity I’d love to spend the day with is Khloe Kardashian because she’s fun and loud just like me. Plus she’s adorable and we could be cute together. 

Favorite childhood movie? Why?

My favorite childhood movie is Life Size because 1.) Tyra Banks was sooo beautiful and 2.) “SHINE BRIGHT, SHINE FAR, DON’T BE SHINE, BE A STAR!” That is the song I live by and quote I will always apply to my life. 

Your most replayed song in your playlist is?

Pink+White by Frank Ocean, Beyoncé’s background vocals are incredible 

What would you tell your 16 year old self now?

I’d tell my 16 year old self to believe in yourself. These boys will come and go and you don’t need them. Remember your value and you don’t know it but you slay already at an early age. Love yourself before you try to love anyone else. Janae. You can’t fix everyone. 

Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.