How #HurtBae Has Caused an Uproar in the Female Community

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DESU chapter.

As you all may know from Twitter has been going in a frenzy after a tweet of a video was post from the Twitter account SCENE called “Broken” in which a broken up couple comes back together so that the girlfriend could get closure for how terribly she was treated by her boyfriend. When I say that she was treated terribly, I mean every ounce of the word which is why many women could sympathize with her.

As the couple sat across from one another, while the girlfriend asked multiple questions about why did he cheat on her and how many times he’s cheated on her, I couldn’t help but to ask myself what would have I done in this situation. You’re sitting across from the person that you felt like you loved the most, just to hear them say “it wasn’t anything about you that caused me to cheat, you were a great girlfriend. I just wasn’t ready to commit,” you know how heartbroken we all would have been hearing that from the person that you were going to be with forever?

Of course you have the women who say they would have jump on him like a spider-monkey and beat him till he was unconscious, but to be honest I don’t know what I would have done in that situation. When you’re in love with someone, you look past everything that they do to you good or bad because all you see is them in which I can relate to. BUT I will say the way he was sitting there watching that beautiful young woman cry over him and how bad he hurt her and not even flinch nor try to console her in any form showed me a side of some men that I knew existed but I’ve never seen in person.

After seeing this video, and in which I’m sure that you have seen by now, I want you to know you worth then add tax. NEVER allow ANY man to have your beautiful face covered in tears because somewhere out there is a man patiently waiting to treat you like the queen you are. But there is still this part of me even hours after watching that makes me want to knock on his, I just want to talk, ya know, lol.

Hello! My name is Janae Faison and I am I double major at Delaware State University as a English and Journalism major. DSU Chapter of Her Campus just like the rest of the site is meant to empower all young women who are in college. Enjoy the DSU Chapter of Her Campus!
Raised in Queens, with a major in Mass Communication and a love for writing. Graduating in 2018 in hopes of working in Television production. I love reading novels, blogs and magazine articles. I'm completed addicted to TV Shows and my ultimate goal is to always have fun.